Thursday, July 28, 2011

Food Network Star, 7/24/11

Ina Garten. Ugh. Not a fan. I mean, her food is good, but she herself comes across as pretty stuck-up. “Make sure you use GOOD olive oil.” “Make sure you use GOOD cheese.” Ina, honestly. I don’t need you to constantly remind me that your food requires the pretentious brand. Can Ina Garten’s polar opposite, the non-pretentious, entirely approachable Sandra Lee, guest host an episode please?

Congrats to Jyll and Mary Beth for making a yummy cupcake. Enjoy it, girls, cuz I’m still getting not-going-to-win-it vibes from both of you. And points to Suzie and Jeff for trying a savory cupcake, even if Suzie’s was ruined by the sprinkles added “for elegancy” and Jeff’s wasn’t that great. I maintain that Jeff has the best concept.

The insatiably greedy 572-lb man who lives inside me almost wept with joy at hearing Vic say “lasagna inside of a tortilla, deep fried with more cheese on it.” Lasagna + a chimichanga? *drool* Those high falutin, snobby dishes on Top Chef can bow the hell down before … The LaChanga!!! So SCREW YOU, BOBBY FLAY, and your “I don’t wanna eat a tortilla-wrapped lasagna.” BECAUSE I DO.

Yay Jeff and Whitney. Top two, these two? Toldja Jeff had the best concept! Rachel Ray agreed. Dunno why everyone said Vic did so badly; other than forgetting to describe the lasagna, I thought he did ok. And if Bobby knocks The LaChanga one more time, I’m going to put my foot up his suit-clad ass. But I guess Vic did forget to take his question from the audience. And Suzie knocked Mexican food AND forgot to take her question (after Vic warned everybody not to forget). But those offenses paled in comparison to Jyll’s, who made the mistake of still not having a solid show concept in week 8. Buh-bye, Jyll.

No comments: