Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Falling Skies, 7/17/11

Ok, yes, Eli’s parents were douches for trying to steal the medicine, but I kinda understand where they were coming from with wanting to leave. I agree that it was extremely dumb to keep a skitter alive at home base. Having said that, however, I would NOT go on the run by myself in a lawless, alien-inhabited world, esp with a wife and small child! I would stay with the people who have food, guns, and ammo. Duh!

I called it I called it I totally called it! The second that Mr. Random Army Dude (RAD) asked to be sent ahead with the children, I knew he was not to be trusted. Skitters are harnessing kids to use as slave labor and also – I’m still grossed out by this – sleeping with them, so children are clearly a hot alien commodity. Knowing this, I would never ever ever let my kid outta my sight. And anybody who showed up requesting all kids be sent off with him would immediately be elbowed and then kicked in the face and locked up under suspicion of working with the enemy. This group is waaaaaay too trusting. And I know! You’re mad at Pope, right? Cuz he told RAD where more children could be found. Me too — but as with Eli’s parents, I kinda understand where he’s coming from. Locked up and at the mercy of a lunatic, I too would’ve said whatever I could to make myself useful so said lunatic would not kill me. And I predict that Pope becomes instrumental in helping get the kids away from RAD.

Anne continues her foray into Tuff Girl Town. Last week it was knocking skitters unconscious; this week it’s getting handy with a gun. You go girl! (Although, may I just say that the second an alien invasion starts, learning to shoot a gun is the FIRST thing I’m gonna do.) And Anne and Tom held hands! Yay! Could they actually smooch next week? One hopes. Most touching subplot of the night: little Jimmy and General Sergeant Major Lieutenant Corporal Commander Colonel Captain Weaver. Awwwwww. GSMLCCCC Weaver’s not such a hard-ass. Well—wait. Blowing that skitter to kingdom come was some severe hard-assery. I meant, Weaver’s not *just* a hard-ass. When he and Jimmy hugged, I almost got teary...

No comments: