Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Walking Dead, 12/4/11

If you, like me, are going through The Walking Dead withdrawal today, here are some thoughts to ponder as we suffer through the mid-season hiatus. We’ll get through this together, people.

- Question: Is Merle dead?
- Discussion: Pre-Zomb Sophia, I would’ve said no. I was holding out hope for the racist old s.o.b.; I really was. But Sophia didn’t make it, and she was a-ok physically. Merle, on the other hand (pun intended), had just sawn off his own hand. That kind of injury, that kind of blood loss, with no medical attention? Dude didn’t make it 20 feet before he was zomb food. Now he’s appearing to Darryl in dreams as a guardian angel. He’s dead as dead can be.
- Answer: Yes.

- Question: Would you stay on Hershel’s farm? (Glenn, stop screaming “Yes! Yes!” I’m not talking to you. Lol.)
- Discussion: Why would you want to? Dude was keeping a frigging barn full of zombs! I don’t care what his justification was; you do not join forces with zomb-lovers! What if they got out? Also, notice the lengths he was willing to go to: both Jimmy and Rick nearly got bitten trying to corral that zomb dude in the river. And I don’t care if Lori’s pregnant! Women have been popping out babies without any medical care for thousands of years. Also, even if Hershel grudgingly agreed to let you stay; he still wouldn’t really want you there. He might up and change his mind and decide to kill you in your sleep.
- Answer: HELL NO!

- Question: Is Shane a bad guy?
- Discussion: Yes! Proof: he killed Otis! But in doing so, he saved Carl. Shane loves Lori; he couldn’t let her son die. Further proof: he wanted to stop looking for Sophia! Callous and unkind, but also right. Darryl and Carl had both almost gotten themselves killed looking for her. Plus, after so much time had passed, it was pretty obvious she was never going to be found. PLUS, she was dead and zombed all along. :( More proof: Dale thinks Shane’s a bad guy, and Dale is never wrong! But Shane doesn’t kill Rick so he can have Lori to himself, or take his anger out on Carl. And, what made Shane snap and go get the guns so he could kill the barn zombs? Finding out that Lori’s knocked up with a baby that’s probably his. He wanted to protect them.
- Answer: Remains to be seen.

- Question: How much more do we like Andrea now?
- Discussion: Because omg seriously. Whiny Suicidal Andrea was making me want to kill her. I get that she was a little out of her head after her sister Amy got zombed, but still. Ugh. “I hate you Dale cuz you made me not get blown up.” “Why won’t anybody let me have a gun; all I did was try to kill myself!” “Darryl, please kill that poor zomb in the tree; I don’t want it to suffer.” “I’m just going to walk around all emo and pouting all the time.” Arrrrrgh. In my recap of the season premiere, I was literally listing ways she should off herself. But no longer. Now she’s all Bad Ass Andrea. Hey zombs, die! Hey Shane, give me sex! And those of you still mad cuz she shot Darryl, cut her some slack, lol. Darryl forgave her. And he did look JUST LIKE a zomb right then. Plus, all Lori and Carol want to do is cook the food, wash the clothes, and get knocked up. Andrea, in contrast, wants to do more than be a 1950s housewife, thank god.
- Answer: OODLES.

No comments: