Thursday, October 27, 2011

Project Runway, 10/27/11


Josh, OF COURSE, is angry that Anya is still in it. Which speaks volumes about how confident he is in his ability to beat her.

Tim announces that everyone’s getting an unexpected $500 to spend at Mood however they please. Kimberly is changing the color of her ugly bubble skirt, but keeping the bubble shape, cuz she likes it. :( Anya’s making three whole new pieces. Viktor’s making a couple new pieces. JOSHUA HAS LOST HIS COTTON PICKING MARBLES. He has a fugly lime green fabric and he’s making shorts. He has orange-and-pink fabric and he’s making a tank top.
Oh, and he wants to also make a matching jacket in the fug lime green. I am loving it, because surely this messedy mess is going to get him sent home faster than you can say “Good riddance.” Arrrrgh, and then he cries. *annoyed* Tim visits! Kimberly is lost. Anya gives a farewell speech. Viktor has edited. Joshua’s green shorts look “really peculiar.”


Kimberly’s collection was just ok. Joshua’s was so mind bogglingly ugly it gave me throbbing brain ache. I didn’t like Viktor’s. –gasp– Oooooooooooh, love, love, superlove Anya’s. Every last piece. It looks so comfortable and effortless and vacationy! (And Jennifer Love Hewitt and Stephanie Winston Wolkoff agree with me.)

Well, if this is anything like last year, Anya will be eliminated first, and Joshua will win. :(

The judges praise Kimberly for taking their advice to heart while staying true to her “urban girl” theme. Michael Kors even calls one look “killer diller.” (OMG I AM STEALING THAT!) Her bubble skirt was again called out, though. Unsurprisingly, the judges liked Joshua’s clothes. *screams a scream of pure fury* No. I just can’t. Moving the hell on. The judges all love Viktor’s prints, but with the other pieces have the same problem I had: too much transparency/visible underclothes. Seriously, it was like the models forgot to put on their shirt/pants. Anya’s collection gets mostly praise and non-criticism like “the necklines are very similar,” “I can’t wear that in this city” and “you didn’t have as much to do construction-wise.” In other words, the judges are having to search very hard to find stuff to hate on.


I fast forward past the judges’ deliberation. I need to know right away if I’m about to be Gretchened two years in a row. Kimberly is sent home first. Well, the “first black person to win Project Runway” title is still yours to claim, future black winner! Then Viktor is sent off. So it’s down to Joshua and Anya. I’m not even going to get my hopes up. I’m not. In fact, let me just go ahead and start congratulating Joshu —

ANYA WINS! Yaaaaay omg yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay zomg YAY *skipping around* yay woot! This is killer diller!

1 comment:

Lady K said...

Well yes I did like Anyas collection but she was basic. The same neckline and no pants no skirts just the same draping over and over. Not much work was done and she knew it. She basically admitted it. But yes #1 it was original and no one has branched out to a style like a Caribbean style before so I think she one almost by default because of originality and the others were so bad.
Kimberly should not have been up there. As I told you NO one impressed me this season period. No one. Victor at the max but he took all the good pieces at the end and went see thru and I have no idea why. Like the judges said he had 2 different looks going. If Ayana got away with print print print so could he.
Josh... Another one that should not have been there and he trying to point fingers. Ha. Those shorts were terrible. What happened to these judges? Even Tim said the judges strange with their opinions. It's like they praised Josh and Kim! And Kim still tried put that bubble mess on there and even after she could not re-create the mess she still tired! That was a sign!!! Tim needs to be a judge instead of the mood money monitor. He has a great great eye and his opinion needs to matter when eliminating.. I love his interaction but also invite him to the runway shows. Let him vote. He deserves to be out there.
Out of the pack since Victor jacked up 4 pieces he still worked harder than Ayana. His work was impeccable. All Anya did was take these silky patterns made that neck line for the itty bitty committee and barely hemed the bottom. Yes indeed they were refreshing butican only wear those on vacation..for celebs maybe a movie premier but not a big red carpet. Love her spirit and personality she is a sweetie so....I'm happy. It should have been down to Victor and Ayana. And based on quality I would not have picked Anaya but on style, patterns, colors, flow & and v- necks she has it locked. It's something new to the show they needed since I don't see much diversity.